Tilly and The Buttons Ladies Easy Sewing Pattern Cleo Pinafore + Dungaree Dress
Stitched Up Warwickshire
Tilly and The Buttons, Cleo Pinafore, Sewing Pattern
Cleo is simple to sew, with no fiddly zips and minimal fitting required – hooray! Make it dungaree-style with buckles, or as a pinafore with button fastenings. Choose from mini length or knee length with optional centre-front split, patch pockets on front or back, and optional contrast topstitching.
Wear Cleo all year round, layered over a t-shirt, shirt or sweater – the relaxed style makes it oh so comfortable!
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Cleo dungaree dress, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
SKILL LEVEL - Beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Heavy or medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas, wool.
- Fabric –Mini length - 1.2m (1¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.8m (2 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
Knee length - 1.3m (1 3/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.9m (2 1/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- 4m (3/8 yards) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 2 x 30-35mm (1¼ - 1½in) wide dungaree buckles and 2 x no-sew jeans buttons OR 2 x 15-20mm buttons and buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and basic tools