Tilly and the Buttons Ladies Easy Sewing Pattern Etta Dress
Stitched Up Warwickshire
TURN HEADS IN YOUR HANDMADE DRESS!
Sew your own knockout dress for special occasions or bossing it at the office.
Etta is an elegant fitted dress, shaped with darts at the bust, waist and shoulders. Sleek and flattering, it has a choice of lined cap sleeves or darted three-quarter length sleeves, high-back or stunning V-back neckline, with optional collar and faux pockets. Etta closes with an invisible zip at the back. The hemline hits the bottom of the knee, with a kick pleat for easy movement.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Etta includes easy-to-follow instructions with photos showing you how to sew each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
"With you, sewing is so easy! Your explanations are crystal clear, many thanks." - Sophie
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium weight, non-drapey fabrics, preferably with stretch for comfort. Try stretch woven cotton, sateen, triple crepe, crepe-back satin, ponte di roma or jacquard knits. The cap sleeve version would also work nicely in brocade.
- Fabric - Cap sleeve – 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR Sizes 1-4: 2.3m (2 5/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) OR Sizes 5-8: 3.1m (3 3/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
3/4 sleeve – 2.3m (2 5/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR Sizes 1-4: 2.8m (3¼ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide OR Sizes 5-8: 3.4m (3 3/4 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
(0.5m [5/8 yards] less for collarless versions)
- Matching thread
- 0.6m (3/4 yard) interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 56cm (22in) invisible zip
- Hook and eye
- Cap sleeve version: 1.2m (1 3/8 yards) x 10-13mm (3/8–½in) single fold bias binding
- Optional: 2 x 1-2cm (½–¾in) buttons for faux pockets
- Sewing machine and tools, incl invisible zip foot